Am I one of the few adults that loves Valentine's Day so much? I love any holiday that celebrates telling people that you love them. It's always a good reminder to actually say the words that we feel. I'm reminded of this more today than usual as I honor two friends that passed away this day in 2007. I am so thankful that one day I will have the opportunity to tell them face-to-face that I love them again! Whatever your feelings are about the holiday, may it at least remind you to share the love...loud and clear.
Are you looking for an inexpensive way to tell your family and friends
that you love them? Make a Valentine's Day scented ornament that they
can hang in their car, room, bathroom or just about anywhere. This way
every time they see or smell it, they'll be reminded of your love! You
most likely have these ingredients in your pantry and you can use
whatever essential oil you prefer to add the scent. It's a quick project
and great for kids as well!
Here's a recipe from the doTERRA blog on how to make the ornament. You can customize your ornament with just a few simple tricks. The key is to have fun and make something that will bring a smile to your loved one's face.
Here are some ideas:
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter
- Paint them with a special design (you can do this after they dry)
- Use food coloring to change their color (you do this as you are making the dough). Magenta and Purple Neon can add a little pop!
- Use Valentine inspired ribbon to hang your ornament
- Include a tag that shares your sentiment (I used Citrus Bliss essential oil blend, so my tag said Bliss-fully Yours...but check out the doTERRA blog for more suggestions AND pre-made cards too....so clever!)
- Add a little sparkle...You may want to use glitter glue to contain glitter if kids are involved (make sure it's NOT the kind that dries clear).
- Use Valentine inspired stamps and ink colors
- Use stencils to create a pattern or design
- Layer different size ornaments for added depth and style
- Add handprints, initials, thumbprints for keepsakes
Here's a sneak peek at mine...I'll post a finished picture after they have been sent out!
In the spirit of sharing the love...I'm going to do a Bliss-fully Yours drawing this month. Everyone that places an order on my site
(visit link or select doTERRA tab above) or places an order with me through February 15th, 2015 will be
automatically entered to win a Citrus Bliss Hand Lotion. This lotion is
one of my favorites especially when I need a little afternoon mood pick
me up...not that any of you ever need that.
Have a wonderful February, friends!